More Montanans will be able to see and hear the latest news about the future USS MONTANA over the next several weeks.
Presentations in Billings, Colstrip, Lewistown, Miles City, and Sidney will focus on the construction and capabilities of the Virginia Class nuclear-powered fast attack submarine that will bear our state’s name.
A bonus will be first looks at the “keel laying” — the brief ceremony officially marking the start of construction of MONTANA. It has been scheduled for Wednesday, May 16.
The presentations (with a small fee possible for noon lunch sessions) will be:
• Tuesday, May 22, Miles City Rotary Club at 12 Noon at the Town & Country Club. Guests are welcome. Call John Laney at the Miles City Chamber, 234.2890.
• Tuesday, May 22, at the Colstrip City Hall at 7 pm. All are welcome., and no reservation is needed.
• Wednesday, May 23, Billings West End Rotary Club at 12 Noon at the Red Door. Guests are welcome. Call Monty Wallis at 672.5492.
• Thursday, May 24, Sidney Kiwanis Club at 12 Noon at the Sidney Elks Club. Guests are welcome. Call Leif Anderson at 482.4480
• Friday, May 25, in Lewistown at 8 am at Jack’s Hangar. All are welcome. Call Deb at the Chamber, 535.5436.
If you, a family member, or friend hasn’t yet been able to attend one of our initial presentations, stay tuned for more.